Lighting Council Australia is the peak body for Australia's lighting industry. Its goal is to encourage the use of environmentally appropriate, energy efficient, quality lighting systems.
Lighting Council Australia:
- advocates the importance of energy efficient, quality, low environmental impact lighting products and systems;
- represents the Australian lighting industry to policy-makers and other key stakeholders nationally and internationally;
- influences international and Australian standards relating to the lighting industry;
- promotes the use of electrically safe lighting that complies with relevant Australian and international standards; and
- encourages good lighting design, education and training.
What's coming up
| || || |
FluoroCycle is a voluntary product stewardship scheme that seeks to increase the national recycling rate of waste mercury-containing lamps.
Lamp recycling can help reduce the amount of mercury being sent to landfill. The scheme targets the commercial and industrial sectors where the bulk of waste lamps are generated.